Sunday, July 22, 2012

In this muddy water is exquisite perfection...

July 22, 2012

My walk in the park this morning and the gift it held.


 -In this muddy water is exquisite perfection...

A grand masterpiece - first seen simply as a sun-dappled puddle the size of an enormous picture window, with muddy browns and patches of white light - then, all of a sudden, I saw the masterpiece that lay below that first glimpse.  
A woodland scene, worthy of a John Constable.  An exquisite view into the trees above and blue sky beyond.  Crystal clear in the perfectly still water.  A gift, just for me, as I was passing by.
I thought how ironic it was.  This big, muddy puddle that I was trying to avoid, held such beauty and peace within it.  As I stood there, admiring the "painting", I thought how it would have been hundreds or even thousands of years ago, when someone would have come upon a vision like this - in an age of no mirrors or cameras - how extraordinary it would have seemed - how exciting to see the world and themselves reflected in this way.  It felt like a connection to another time.  A portal.  In fact, the giant puddle with its ragged edges, looked like an entrance to another world.  If I just stepped into it, perhaps I would be in Constable's time, or amongst Native Americans, or even Neanderthals.
Just as I had this thought, a gentle breeze blew over my secret passage way, my ideal world, and rippled the surface - distorting this beautiful painting that could have hung in the Louvre.

1 comment:

  1. Buy Online Gold Jewellery in 2016 with the latest jewellery design from the our online jewellery store.

    ReplyDelete